Just a reminder that next Saturday, August 2nd, from 1-6PM we will be holding the first Legacy tournament in our Legacy open!
$10 buy in and a 90% payout with 10% going towards the Final Prize of the Open.
We recommend getting here no later than 12.30 for deck registration so we can start promptly at 1PM
Any further questions can be sent to MILLGEEKCOMICS@GMAIL.COM. Hope to see you here!
The Mill Geek Legacy Open (MGLO) is a weekly Magic: The Gathering tournament series at Mill Geek Comics in Mill Creek, WA. The Mill Geek Legacy Open features weekly tournament payouts, up-to-date results and winning decklists on the MGLO webpage, as well as a championship tournament at the end of each three-month season.
Season 1 begins on August 2nd, 2014 and will continue each Saturday thereafter starting at 1:00pm. Be sure to register by 12:30pm so that we have time to verify decklists and get the tournament bracket made on time.
Players participating in these weekly tournaments can win prizes as well as earn Mill Geek Open Points. Mill Geek Open Points are used at the end of each season to improve yourchampionship seeding, reduce the cost of the championship, as well as earn byes and other prizes.
To help people those just getting started with Legacy, this season players are allowed up to 12 proxy cards to use in their decks while they continue to work to put their decks together. Players who choose to use proxies must have them approved before the tournament starts. A slip of paper with the card’s information in front of a sleeved card is generally sufficient, but there must be no way of distinguishing them that could be used to gain extra information.
We have also put together several competitive decklists that can be used at our tournaments that can be built on a lower budget ($30 – $100ish). Feel free to use these in full, or as a basis for creating your own decks. Come pick up your list at the shop!
We look forward to an exciting and fun season. Hope to see you there!
Thanks to everyone who came to our prerelease this weekend, it was AWESOME! I hope everyone had fun. From midnight all the way until the Raffle on Sunday it was a great success!
Just a reminder, We will be having our Postrelease Prerelease this Saturday at 1PM. Deckbuilding is from 1-2 and we will play a 3 or 4 round tournament from 2-6 (depending on how many players we get) The Theme will be “Attack of the Clones” – More Details to come!
And Last but Not Least— RAFFLE WINNERS! If you see your name, stop by the shop and pick up your swag!
- FTV: Annihilation — Nikki Buck
- M15 Fatpack – Matt Roggenkamp
- Modern Event Deck — Erich Wolf
- Theros Comic Pack (2, 3, 4) –Matthew R
- Theros Comic Pack (3, 4) — Leighanne
- Theros Comic (3) — Robb R
- Journey Prerelease SET of — 5 — Kraig Carlson
- Journey Prerelease kit White — Nikki Buck
- Journey Prerelease Kit Black – Robbie Noble
- Journey Prerelease Kit Green – Nikki Buck
- Justice Playmat – Erich Wolf
- Justice Playmat – Dan Reis
- RK post AvaTar Playmat – Erich Wolf
- Water Bearer Playmat — Gus D
- M15 Blue Kit – Nikki Buck
- M15 White Kit — Kramer
- M15 Blue Kit – Ed Priest
- M15 White Kit – Ben Vaughn
- White Commander Deck — Mike Nobles
- R2Ravnica Shirt (XL) – Kraig Carlson
- Large Jace Beleren Shirt — Kramer
- Black Ultrapro deluxe binder – Steve Clark
- Autographed Magic Pro Playmat – Erich Wolf
- Reaper Playmat – Robb Reis
- Sigarda Playmat – Bruce Carr
- R2Ravnica Backpack – David Bradbury
- Mill Geek Plamat – Matthew Roggenkamp
- Mill Geek Playmat – Josh Kyle
- Mill Geek Playmat – Matthew Roggenkamp
- Blue Dice Bag – Sean Epperson
- Purple Dice Bag – Nikki Buck
- Purple Dice Bag – Robbie Noble
- Blue Ion Deck Box – Nikki Buck
- Blue Ion Deck box – Josh Kyle
- Small Dice Can – Kramer
- Chandra Deck Box — Sean Epperson
- Jace Deck box – Grant Olsen
- Ajani Box + Sleeves – Robbie Noble
- Liliana Box + Sleeves – Scott Boehmer
- Garruk Box – Josh Glastra
- Xenagos Sleeves – Ethan Lee
- Conspiracy Deckbox/Sleeve combo — Grant Olsen
Hey Everyone, these are the last minute things that will make everyone have a good prerelease!
1. Carpooling is your friend.
We have limited parking spaces here and while we have never had a problem with the adjacent lots towing, we would rather be safe than sorry. We need to leave spots for Tricia’s Barbershop and our spots fill up quickly. If you can come with a friend it will make it easier for everyone!
2. Backpacks are not your friend.
We have limited space in the shop and when we get 35-40 people who all bring their backpack it suddenly gets VERY full. Your entry fee will cover all the cards you need. We provide the land. If you want to bring sleeves and a playmat (or buy them here) that’s fine. Other than that leave EVERYTHING ELSE AT HOME OR IN YOUR CAR. This holds especially true for the midnight and 11AM Saturday events. We will be very full and need every amount of space we have.
3. Showering and SOAP and clean clothes are your friend.
It’s summer time. It’s HOT. You sweat. You smell. Everyone wants you to smell nice so they don’t mind playing next to you for hours at a time. Please be nice to everyone by showering with soap and putting on clean clothes. We all appreciate it!
4. Empty stomach makes you Grouchy pants and he is not your friend.
These events are 4-6 hours long. Please bring some extra money or a snack to make sure you eat (No, Airheads is not a meal). We will be selling the Snack pack where for $5 you can get $7 in store credit. We have easy-Mac and Cup o’noodles. We will have a BBQ on Sunday for lunch for only $5 for a meal deal as well. Don’t be a grouchy pants!
5. HAVING FUN IS YOUR FRIEND!